These healthy cappuccino truffles only have five ingredients – including avocado instead of butter or milk!
- Adapted from the Detoxinista
- 6 oz. chocolate (the darker you go the better)
- 1/3 cup mashed avocado (small avocado)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, for rolling (optional)
- Combine the chocolate, vanilla and salt over a double boiler, and melt until completely smooth. (This can also be done in the microwave.)
- Mash the avocado with a fork until no lumps are visible and then stir it into the melted chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Place in the fridge to set for 20 minutes.
- Once slightly firm, roll the chocolate into 12 balls and place them on a pan lined with parchment paper. (Don’t roll them in your hands for long or they will begin to melt.)
- Place the 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and instant espresso powder in bowl and roll each truffle into the cocoa to coat.
- Serve at room temperature, but need to be refrigerated to be stored.