What’s better than truffles? Healthy truffles! With 5 ingredients you can make healthy truffles with a secret ingredient – AVOCADOS!
It doesn’t take much for me to stop for coffee…especially ICED COFFEE. However, when you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t give up those calories easily for coffee.
But with the new Skinny Cow Iced Coffee, you can have your coffee and eat it, too. However, who wants to eat cake by yourself? So I called some of my best gal pals over to catch up after the holidays for a fun and easy “Coffee Break” party to try the three Skinny Cow Iced Coffee flavors paired with my new recipe for healthy truffles!
While I love hosting a party with a good theme, I didn’t have much time for much creativity although I still wanted the get together to feel special. Nowadays it’s hard to have a time everyone can pause, even just for an hour, but it actually didn’t take much to create a “cafe-inspired table” with coffee filter flowers, a coffee candle and my healthy, five-ingredient cappuccino truffles.
Using some leftover recycled coffee filters, straws and some ground coffee, I easily made a nice tablescape with “coffee flowers.” I think they turned out adorable and the aroma of coffee each time I walked by was amazing for this coffee lover.
Skinny Cow has long been a favorite in our house for their ice cream sandwiches and other sweet treats, but now at only 120 calories for iced coffee, I don’t have to choose if I treat myself with an iced coffee. I can enjoy three flavors of Skinny Cow Iced Coffees: Creamy Cappuccino, Mocha Latte and Vanilla Latte.
No matter if it’s cold outside or a blazin’ 100 degrees, Skinny Cow Iced Coffee is perfect for a morning or afternoon pick-me-up! Each of the flavors featured the delicious flavor of coffee with a subtle hint of some of my favorite flavors. Since we were having an iced coffee tasting party, we each took turns enjoying each flavor starting with the Vanilla Latte, then Creamy Cappuccino and last the Mocha Latte. And just like my friends; we all liked a different one for different reasons!
While I really could enjoy my Skinny Cow Iced Coffee as a treat in itself, I wanted a little something for the party. But since we all are trying to eat healthier, I wanted to make something that was healthy and paired perfectly with coffee. An idea brewed: Cappuccino Truffles! Using a fun recipe I found online with one REALLY unique ingredient, I was able to make them quickly, easily and really healthy! And based on the reviews from my friends, this recipe is a real keeper! Did I mention it only had five ingredients, too?
These healthy cappuccino truffles only have five ingredients – including avocado instead of butter or milk!
- Adapted from the Detoxinista
- 6 oz. chocolate (the darker you go the better)
- 1/3 cup mashed avocado (small avocado)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, for rolling (optional)
- Combine the chocolate, vanilla and salt over a double boiler, and melt until completely smooth. (This can also be done in the microwave.)
- Mash the avocado with a fork until no lumps are visible and then stir it into the melted chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Place in the fridge to set for 20 minutes.
- Once slightly firm, roll the chocolate into 12 balls and place them on a pan lined with parchment paper. (Don’t roll them in your hands for long or they will begin to melt.)
- Place the 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and instant espresso powder in bowl and roll each truffle into the cocoa to coat.
- Serve at room temperature, but need to be refrigerated to be stored.
Other ways you might enjoy your avocados!