Did a kid vomit on you today? Did someone dent in the side of your car at the gym? Did the grocery store run out of your favorite coffee creamer? Did someone at work get the promotion you know you should have gotten?
Those are the kinds of things that happen that can make your day go from awesome to awful in about 2.5 seconds.
While a spa day is a great way to relax and take your own time out from the stress of everything, it’s not always in the schedule or the budget. However, there are some days that a little “bubbly water” and a little time to yourself to take a relaxing bubble bath is just the way to let go. Just so happens, I like my bubbles to drink with a little kick.
For me, I’d love if I could runaway for a few days, but sometimes, an hour to myself does just enough good. For me, free time is not even possible at night time. Between dinner, homework, chores, showers, teeth brushing and all the fun “surprises” that come with it, there’s no time for me to just enjoy a little quiet moment away with me, a bubble bath and a little cocktail. So I often have to make do with a 1 pm date with the bathtub.
Yep, you gotta make do with what you have, right? I may not have much time, but I can create a “lunch” date with my Kohler. I turn off the phone, make my cocktail, run a bubble bath, throw in some bath fizzies and smelly-good bubbles, and step in to the steam. Ahh…..
That’s all it takes to just relax. This way you don’t have to ask your spouse to watch the kids or sneak away.
So after long days taking care of the kids, running around like a chicken with its head cut off and general stress of dealing with people, a SPArkletini can make it all go away. At least for the time being. And best of all, this recipe is super easy and refreshing!
1. Head to Walmart and pick up Canada Dry Sparkling Seltzer Water Mandarin Orange and Lemon Lime flavors. Right now you can even save 50¢ on ONE (1) 12-pack cans of any flavor* Canada Dry® Sparkling Seltzer Water with this coupon.
2. You’ll also need just a few other ingredients, including ginger syrup (found at most beverage stores or a great recipe can be found here), vodka, and an orange. Yep, that’s it! (No need to make it difficult after the day you had!)
3. You’ll need to half an orange and then slice a few slices to use for garnish. (You’ll be using some of the juice and the slice is to make it pretty.)
4. To a shaker, you’ll need to add 1 ounce of ginger syrup and 2 ounces of vodka.
5. Then squeeze the orange for juice into the shaker (as much as you can, but you should get at least an ounce.) Next add 1/4 cup of ice.
6. Add the top and shake it up. (Cue the Cars, song here.)
7. Pour in the glass. Now top it off with the good staff, the Canada Dry Mandarin Orange and you can even add the Lemon-Lime for flavor. (The more seltzer water, the more bubbles to make you happy!)
8. Top with an orange and enjoy. Orange you glad you did?