These easy rose tarts will make you the apple of everyone’s eye.
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 sheets puff pastry (normally what you find in a pastry box.
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger (enhances the apple and cinnamon combination.)
- Cut an apple in half longwise to remove the core.
- Thinly slice the apple halves horizontally.
- In a bowl, add the apple slices with lemon juice and water and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Pat dry the apple slices and set aside.
- Roll out one of the puff pastry sheets and cut into 4 even strips (pizza cutter works great.)
- Spread cream cheese on 2/3 of the puff pastry and sprinkle sugar onto the puff pastry strips.
- Lay apple slices peel side up and overlap to cover the pastry.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and ginger on apples.
- Fold the pastry puff in half lengthwise and roll up to create tart.
- Place apple side up in a greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
- This recipe will make 8 tarts.