Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, celebrate with Sopapilla Popcorn! Easy to make, easy to eat and family friendly!
Add the popcorn and you can almost hear the strumming from the mariachi band begin to play.
Use this if you wish, or just throw in a quarter cup of kernels into a glass bowl, place a plate on the top (big enough to cover the rim), and put it in the microwave. Depending on your microwave, cook for 3-4 minutes and aha (viola or in this case – ), popped corn.
- 5 cups popcorn, popped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3-4 tablespoons honey
- Fill a bowl with popcorn and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine sugars and cinnamon together and blend.
- Pour sugar mixture over the popcorn and toss (be careful not to crunch the popcorn.)
- Pour honey all over the popcorn, being careful to get it over most the popcorn.
- Toss carefully.
- Inhale the aroma and enjoy!