Don’t have the budget for something big or would you rather make something to show them what they mean to you? These last-minute DIY Valentine’s Day gift ideas aren’t just easy, but they’re really cheap, too!
Thanks to Half-Price Books for help with these great ideas.
7 Last-Minute DIY Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
1. Find and frame sheet music of a meaningful song.
Half Price Books has reasonably-priced music books where your favorite songs can be found.
2. Give the vinyl version of someone’s favorite singer, bad or album.
For less than $10, you can pick up a record frame that can be turned into keepsake art, worthy of the office or bedroom wall.
3. Find a book of poetry and place a bookmark, ribbon or special note between the pages of a favorite poem.
If poetry isn’t your thing, start with “I Carry Your Heart With Me” by E.E. Cummings. It will make even the coldest hearts melt.
4. Turn a basic novel into a keepsake by adding a special inscription on the inside cover.
For an extra-special gift, find a first edition of a book that’s meaningful to your Valentine.
5. Choose a cookbook and make your Valentine a meal using recipes from the book.
Inscribe the inside cover and give it to them to commemorate the event.
7. Go for old.
For your college student, look for vintage fraternity or sorority handbooks, books on college football teams or old books that focus on their area of study.
You can find more information about Half-Price Books and your closest location to you here.